I can’t help it — I’m a lover of all things minimal! I love the simple things in life, nothing too bold or attention seeking for me. So when I saw that one of the beauty looks from the latest fashion shows around the globe featured this simple nail art look, I knew that I had to try it out for myself.
It doesn’t take long, is super easy and there’s so many variations that you can take on! Next time I’ll definitely be using a few different contrasting colours, and maybe even a different shaped brush to get some smaller dots in — stay tuned, it might be my next nail tutorial! But for now I am loving the neutral base with a pop of burgundy. Perfectly suited to my Autumn wardrobe!
What you’ll need:
- Coloured nail lacquer (I used ‘Susan’ from The Nail Lab)
- A top and base coat (I used one from Boe Professional)
- An old paint brush or eye shadow brush
- Start off with clean nails that you have filed and buffed to your liking. Apply a base coat and let this dry.
- Dip the end of your brush into the pot of coloured nail lacquer.
- Apply the end of the brush to your nail, leaving a dot.
- Once the dots are dry, apply a top coat. This is important to bind the dot to the base coat and make sure it doesn’t chip off.