So I know I say this almost every week, but this beauty DIY has got to be up there as one of my faves!!! So much so that I kept this look going all week long, even re-applying my top coat to make sure it lasted as long as possible!
Created with good ol’ V-Day in mind, but also taking inspiration from Comme Des Garçons’ famous little red hearts, I was ready to take on this love heart nail art and was amazed by how effective the results were. And (not to toot my own horn or anything) I got so many compliments from my friends!
As long as you take some extra time to be careful (and make sure your base coat is beyond dry) then you should have no problems re-creating this nail art at home. You could even mix up the nail polish colours that you use! I’m thinking a monochrome look will be next on my radar.
This sticky tape trick worked a treat, and I’ll definitely be trying it with a bunch of different shapes. I’m thinking circles, stars, triangles …
What you’ll need:
- Nail polish (you can use whatever colours you like, but I kept it classic for Valentine’s Day this time!)
- Sticky tape
- Start off with a base coat of your desired polish. Wait for it to be 110% dry before the next step!
- Cut a piece of sticky tape around 5 cm long and fold it in half, careful not to stick down the ends.
- In the fold of the sticky tape, cut out one half of a love heart. When you open up the sticky tape, you’ll see a cute little heart!
- Stick the tape down onto your nail, and be mindful of the placement of the love heart — mine wasn’t perfectly centred, so don’t worry too much!
- With a contrasting nail polish colour, lightly apply onto your finger where the love heart is, and then peel off the sticky tape. You should be left with a sweet little shape! Continue this for all of your fingers.
- I always like to finish off with a top coat to bind the two colours and ensure maximum wear for my manicure.