What you will need:
- Jojoba Oil (optional)
- Honeybee Gardens WaterColors Nail Polish in you selected color
- Honeybee Gardens WaterColors Clear nail polish
- If you have very dry skin or nails, start by applying some jojoba oil to your cuticles and nails about one hour before painting your nails. Rub the jojoba oil in until the shininess disappears.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly.
- Shake the polish well, preferably at least one hour before using it, to minimize bubbles.
- Apply one coat of clear nail polish and allow it to dry.
- Apply at least 2 coats of colored polish, allowing it to dry in between coats.
- Apply one coat of clear nail polish.
- Allow nails to dry for about 15 minutes.
- Avoid exposing your nails to shampoo or dish soap for at least one hour.
- Allow nail polish to cure for 4-6 hours before prolonged exposure to warm water.
Â Removing Honeybee Gardens Water Based Nail Polish
Remove Honeybee Gardens nail polish within one week of application. If you leave the nail polish on your nails too long it will adhere too strongly and be difficult to remove. If this happens, allow the polish to grow out.
The best time to remove water based nail polish is right after a shower or bath.
What you will need:
- Honeybee Gardens Nail Polish Remover
- Alternatively: vodka, grain alcohol, or rubbing alcohol (If you have been wearing the nail polish for 3 days or less.)
- Cotton pads
- Hand moisturizer or jojoba oil
- Apply remover or alcohol to a cotton pad.
- Hold the cotton pad on the nail for a few seconds. Then rub the polish off.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Moisturize your hands with jojoba oil or another hand moisturizer.
Note: Check back soon for a post with helpful tips about removing water based nail polishes.
Tips for Success with Honeybee Gardens Nail Polish
- Store the nail polish at normal room temperature. Not too hot or too cold. If the polish thickens, add a drop of water and shake well.
Ingredients in Honeybee Gardens Nail Care Products
Colored Nail Polish: water, water-miscible acrylic resins and thickeners, butyl carbitol. May contain: mica, ultramarine blue, carmine, iron oxides, titanium dioxide.
Clear Nail Polish: water, water-miscible acrylic, polyurethane formers and thickeners, non-ionic soaps. May contain: ultramarine blue, carmine, mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide. This is the old formulation for Honeybee Gardens WaterColors water-based nail enamel.
Nail Polish Remover: methyl acetate, butoxydiglycol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, equisetum arvense (horsetail) extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), fragrance. Warning: Extremely flammable. Liquid and vapors may ignite.